AerCap Holdings N.V. Announces Transactions for the Third Quarter 2012
Amsterdam, The Netherlands; October 11, 2012 - AerCap Holdings N.V. ("AerCap," "the Company," NYSE: AER) today announced the completion of the following transactions during the third quarter 2012:
- Signed new lease agreements for six aircraft,
- Delivered eight aircraft under contracted lease agreements,
- Purchased four new aircraft,
- Closed the sale of five aircraft, and
- Signed financing transactions for $210 million.
|Transaction Overview||Third Quarter 2012||Year to Date 2012|
|Letters of Intent||3||-||3||3||-||3|
Contract Signed, to be Delivered|
Letters of Intent
|Aircraft - Closed||2||3||5||7||8||15|
Aircraft - Contract Signed, to be Delivered|
Letters of Intent
Lease Activities: Contracts Signed for Six Aircraft - Eight Aircraft Delivered
New Lease Agreements
AerCap signed new lease agreements for six aircraft in the third quarter 2012:
- Three new Boeing 737-800s for American Airlines as part of the American Airlines sale and leaseback arrangement (U.S.A.),
- One Airbus A319 for TAME (Ecuador),
- One Airbus A320 for Ural Airlines (Russia), and
- One Boeing 737-800 for Sriwijaya Air (Indonesia).
The average term of lease agreements and letters of intent for new aircraft signed during the past 12 months was 139 months. The average term of lease agreements and letters of intent for used aircraft in that period was 65 months.
AerCap completed eight aircraft deliveries under contracted lease agreements in the third quarter:
- Three new Boeing 737-800s to American Airlines as part of the American Airlines sale and leaseback arrangement (U.S.A.),
- Two Airbus A320s to Livingston (Italy),
- One Airbus A319 to TAME (Ecuador),
- One Airbus A320 to Yamal Airlines (Russia), and
- One Airbus A321 to Nordwind (Russia).
Purchase Activities: Purchases Closed for Four Aircraft
AerCap purchased three new Boeing 737-800s and one new Airbus A330-300 during the third quarter. AerCap also signed letters of intent for the purchase of two Boeing 737-800s.
Sales Activities: Five Aircraft Sold
During the third quarter, AerCap closed sales transactions for one Airbus A320 and one Airbus A330-300 from its owned portfolio. AerCap also sold two Boeing 737-400s and one Airbus A320 from its managed portfolio. In addition to the completed sales transactions, AerCap executed an agreement for the sale of one Boeing 737-300 and signed a letter of intent for the sale of three Boeing 737-300s, three 737-400s and one 767-300ER from its managed portfolio.
Debt Facilities: $210 Million Completed During the Third Quarter - Total of
$860 Million Year-To-Date
In the third quarter, AerCap closed financing transactions for approximately $210 million. The total amount of financing transactions completed by AerCap in the year to date is $860 million.
As of September 30, 2012, AerCap's portfolio consisted of 337 aircraft that were either owned, on order, under contract, letter of intent or purchase option, or managed.
AerCap is the world's leading independent aircraft leasing company and has one of the youngest fleets in the industry. AerCap is a New York Stock Exchange-listed company (AER) headquartered in The Netherlands with offices in Ireland, the United States, China, Singapore, and the United Arab Emirates.
This press release may contain forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. In most cases, you can identify forward-looking statements by terminology such as "may", "should", "expects", "plans", "anticipates", "believes", "estimates", "predicts", "potential" or "continue" or the negative of such terms or similar terminology. Such forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance and involve significant assumptions, risks and uncertainties, and actual results may differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements.
For Media: |
Tel. +31 20 655 9616
Tel. +31 20 655 9658
The owner of this announcement warrants that:
(i) the releases contained herein are protected by copyright and other applicable laws; and
(ii) they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the
information contained therein.
Source: AerCap Holdings N.V. via Thomson Reuters ONE
- U.S. and Arab allies launch first strikes on fighters in Syria |
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- Israel downs Syrian warplane it says violated its Golan airspace
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- U.S. attack on IS targets in Syria "will be answered" - fighter