Drunk Munich partygoer finds car - two years later
BERLIN (Reuters) - A man in southern Germany has been reunited with his car two years after forgetting where he parked, Bavarian police said on Thursday.
After a night of drinking in December 2010 and an unsuccessful search the next day, the vehicle's owner reported his car as missing to the Munich police.
Authorities discovered it by chance last month after a traffic warden noticed that its inspection stickers had expired - 4 km from the spot where the now 33-year-old craftsman originally thought he had parked.
"The weird thing is that it turned up so far away, although the owner was pretty sure of where he had left it," said police spokesman Alexander Lorenz.
In the trunk were 40,000 euros ($51,600) worth of tools including power drills and electric screwdrivers, Lorenz said.
(Reporting By Chris Cottrell, editing by Paul Casciato)
- Ferguson protest march marks two weeks since police shooting |
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |
- Merkel says tightening Ukraine-Russian border is key to peace deal |
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky: Syria activist