Aeon H1 profits fall 7.5 pct, keeps annual forecast
TOKYO Oct 12 (Reuters) - Japan's top supermarket operator Aeon Co booked a 7.5 percent drop in first half operating profit as sales at supermarkets and convenience stores struggled, but the firm retained its full-year profit forecast.
Aeon, which ranks second to Japan's top general retailer, Seven & I Holdings Co in terms of market capitalisation and competes with Seiyu, the Japanese arm of Wal-Mart Stores , posted on Friday a March-August operating profit of 70.6 billion yen ($899 million).
That fell short of a median estimate of 81.13 billion yen in a poll of 13 analysts by Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World
- NSA gathers data on cellphone locations globally: report
- China's airspace zone has caused apprehension: Biden |
- JPMorgan warns 465,000 card users on data loss after cyber attack