Chubu Electric to buy LNG from Qatar for 15 yrs from 2013
TOKYO Oct 12 (Reuters) - Japan's Chubu Electric Power Co has signed a contract to buy liquefied natural gas (LNG) from Qatar for 15 years from 2013 to ensure a stable electricity supply, the company said in a statement on Friday.
Chubu Electric, whose reliance on gas-fired power plants is among the highest in Japan's power utilities, said it will buy 1 million tonnes per year of Qatari LNG between 2013 and 2017 and 700,000 tonnes per year between 2018 and 2028. (Reporting by Risa Maeda; Editing by Ken Wills)
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- Winning ticket sold in California for Mega Millions lottery: official
- UPDATE 5-Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia -Officials
- India removes barriers to U.S. embassy as anger grows over diplomat's arrest
- U.N. told up to 500 killed in South Sudan clashes: diplomats