India's HDFC Bank to consider review of base rate - exec
MUMBAI Oct 12 (Reuters) - India's HDFC Bank Ltd will consider reviewing the bank's base rate at some point during the current quarter as deposit costs have come down, Executive Director Paresh Sukhtankar said on Friday.
HDFC Bank, India's No.3 lender, met forecasts with a 30 percent year-on-year rise in second-quarter profit earlier in the day, led by stronger loan growth, greater fee income and stable net interest margins. (Reporting by Swati Pandey; Editing by Gopakumar Warrier)
- Insight: How U.S. spying cost Boeing multibillion-dollar jet contract
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Yemeni al Qaeda says attack on hospital was mistake
- Insight: For Chinese farmers, a rare welcome in Russia's Far East