Class Action Dismissed
* Reuters is not responsible for the content in this press release.
TORONTO, ONTARIO, Oct 12 (MARKET WIRE) -- Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited (TSX:FFH)(TSX:FFH.U) announces that the purported class action commenced in July 2011 against Fairfax and others, alleging violations of U.S. federal securities laws between May 2003 and March 2006, has been dismissed with prejudice ("with prejudice" meaning that the action cannot be revived). The United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit approved a stipulation, in which the plaintiff agreed to voluntarily dismiss with prejudice its appeal of the dismissal of this action earlier this year by the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York. This action was substantially identical to a purported class action filed against Fairfax in 2006 by other plaintiffs, which was dismissed prior to the commencement of the 2011 action. Neither Fairfax nor any other defendant made any settlement or other payment to the plaintiffs in connection with the two above-mentioned actions. Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited is a financial services holding company which, through its subsidiaries, is engaged in property and casualty insurance and reinsurance and investment management. Contacts: Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited John Varnell Vice President, Corporate Development (416) 367-4941 Media Contact Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited Paul Rivett Vice President, Operations (416) 367-4941 Copyright 2012, Market Wire, All rights reserved. -0-
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, devolution battle begins |
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- Alibaba surges 38 percent on massive demand in market debut |
- Special Report: Scotland stays in UK, but Britain faces change