Fairfax Announces Completion of Acquisition of Brit Insurance Limited
* Reuters is not responsible for the content in this press release.
TORONTO, ONTARIO, Oct 12 (MARKET WIRE) -- (Note: All dollar amounts in this press release are expressed in Canadian dollars.) Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited (TSX:FFH)(TSX:FFH.U) announces that, following receipt of all regulatory approvals, its RiverStone runoff subsidiary has completed the previously announced acquisition of all the outstanding shares of Brit Insurance Limited of London, England from Brit Group. Fairfax is a financial services holding company which, through its subsidiaries, is engaged in property and casualty insurance and reinsurance and investment management. Contacts: Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited John Varnell Vice President, Corporate Development (416) 367-4941 Media Contact Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited Paul Rivett Vice President, Operations (416) 367-4941 Copyright 2012, Market Wire, All rights reserved. -0-
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Thai military heads agree to meet protest leader at weekend |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994