Iran finmin: country's FX reserves are in good position
TOKYO Oct 12 (Reuters) - Iran's finance minister said on Friday that despite sanctions imposed on the country by Western nations, Iran's foreign exchange reserves are in a "good position".
Shamseddin Hosseini, Iran's minister of economic affairs and finance, told reporters the government was taking steps to curb speculative demand and other measures to combat a sharp decline in Iran's rial.
Hosseini was in Tokyo to attend meetings of the International Monetary Fund.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- 'Duck Dynasty' anti-gay fallout sparks debate on religion, tolerance
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |