PRESS DIGEST - Hong Kong - Oct 12
HONG KONG Oct 12 (Reuters) - These are some of the leading stories in Hong Kong newspapers on Friday. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
SOUTH CHINA MORNING POST
-- Bursa Malaysia, the operator of the Southeast Asian country's stock exchange, plans to list the world's first retail Islamic exchange-traded bond (ETB) in Malaysia in December, which may lead to a listing in Hong Kong if there is demand. ()
-- CIFI Holdings, a Shanghai-based property developer, has revived a plan to list shares in Hong Kong on November to raise as much as $300 million, people with direct knowledge of the situation said. ()
-- The number of international passengers flying China Eastern Airlines fell 18 percent to 641,340 last month in August amid a row between China and Japan over disputed islands in the East China Sea.
MING PAO DAILY NEWS
-- Mainland China property developer Country Garden said it achieved a transaction amount of 4.23 billion yuan ($673.89 million) during the Mid-Autumn Festival and National Day Golden Week Holidays (between Sept. 30 and Oct.7), 12 percent higher than the total contract sales in September.
For Chinese newspapers, see...............
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |