Sappi to mothball paper machine in South Africa
JOHANNESBURG Oct 12 (Reuters) - Paper maker Sappi said on Friday it will mothball a paper machine at its unprofitable Tugela mill in South Africa from Jan. 1 next year.
The company said in a statement that it would restart the machine when market conditions improve. It has sufficient capacity to meet local containerboard requirements, it added. (Reporting by Olivia Kumwenda; Editing by Agnieszka Flak)
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Thai military heads agree to meet protest leader at weekend |