Sappi to mothball paper machine in South Africa
JOHANNESBURG Oct 12 (Reuters) - Paper maker Sappi said on Friday it will mothball a paper machine at its unprofitable Tugela mill in South Africa from Jan. 1 next year.
The company said in a statement that it would restart the machine when market conditions improve. It has sufficient capacity to meet local containerboard requirements, it added. (Reporting by Olivia Kumwenda; Editing by Agnieszka Flak)
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Autopsy of slain Missouri teen shows close-range gunshot: report
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade
- Hong Kong protesters march after fruitless talks with government
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on