Sappi to mothball paper machine in South Africa
JOHANNESBURG Oct 12 (Reuters) - Paper maker Sappi said on Friday it will mothball a paper machine at its unprofitable Tugela mill in South Africa from Jan. 1 next year.
The company said in a statement that it would restart the machine when market conditions improve. It has sufficient capacity to meet local containerboard requirements, it added. (Reporting by Olivia Kumwenda; Editing by Agnieszka Flak)
- Ukraine accuses Russia of "undisguised aggression" as rebels advance |
- Disruptive Hong Kong protests loom after China rules out democracy |
- Syrian army, rebels fight on Golan where peacekeepers held |
- NATO to create new 'spearhead' force to respond to crises
- Investors look past Ukraine, focus on ECB