EU will win 2012 Nobel Peace Prize, broadcaster NRK says
OSLO (Reuters) - The European Union will win the 2012 Nobel Peace Prize, to be announced at 5 a.m. EDT on Friday, Norwegian public broadcaster NRK said.
The decision by the five-member panel, led by Council of Europe Secretary-General Thorbjoern Jagland, was unanimous, NRK said based on several "trusted" sources.
(Reporting by Balazs Koranyi)
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance |
- Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- Kentucky firefighter dies after ice bucket challenge accident