EU will win 2012 Nobel Peace Prize, broadcaster NRK says
OSLO (Reuters) - The European Union will win the 2012 Nobel Peace Prize, to be announced at 5 a.m. EDT on Friday, Norwegian public broadcaster NRK said.
The decision by the five-member panel, led by Council of Europe Secretary-General Thorbjoern Jagland, was unanimous, NRK said based on several "trusted" sources.
(Reporting by Balazs Koranyi)
- Confusion as search for Malaysian jet spreads across SE Asia |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source