EU will win 2012 Nobel Peace Prize, broadcaster NRK says
OSLO (Reuters) - The European Union will win the 2012 Nobel Peace Prize, to be announced at 5 a.m. EDT on Friday, Norwegian public broadcaster NRK said.
The decision by the five-member panel, led by Council of Europe Secretary-General Thorbjoern Jagland, was unanimous, NRK said based on several "trusted" sources.
(Reporting by Balazs Koranyi)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky free after pardon, heads for Germany |
China landed an unmanned spacecraft on the moon, joining the United States and the former Soviet Union in the first such "soft-landing" since 1976. Slideshow