Amplats loses $126 million due to South Africa strikes
JOHANNESBURG (Reuters) - Anglo American Platinum has lost 67,000 ounces of production or 1.1 billion rand ($126.44 million) in revenue due to illegal strikes at its operations in South Africa, the company said on Friday.
The world's largest platinum producer has issued force majeure notices to its chrome clients, but said its ability to deliver platinum group metals and base metals remained unaffected at this stage.
(Reporting by Sherilee Lakmidas; Editing by Agnieszka Flak)
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions