Patty weakens to a tropical depression: NHC
(Reuters) - Patty, which was a tropical storm, has weakened to a tropical depression Friday, the National Hurricane Center (NHC) said in its latest bulletin.
Tropical Depression Patty was located about 265 miles east-northeast of the central Bahamas, with maximum sustained winds of 35 miles per hour (55 km per hour), the NHC said.
"Patty is expected to become a post-tropical remnant low by Saturday and dissipate by Sunday," the NHC said.
(Reporting by Naveen Arul in Bangalore)
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza Strip |
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- U.S. economy back on track with strong second-quarter rebound |
- Argentina fails to reach debt agreement, default looms
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’