Patty weakens to a tropical depression: NHC
(Reuters) - Patty, which was a tropical storm, has weakened to a tropical depression Friday, the National Hurricane Center (NHC) said in its latest bulletin.
Tropical Depression Patty was located about 265 miles east-northeast of the central Bahamas, with maximum sustained winds of 35 miles per hour (55 km per hour), the NHC said.
"Patty is expected to become a post-tropical remnant low by Saturday and dissipate by Sunday," the NHC said.
(Reporting by Naveen Arul in Bangalore)
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video |
- Israeli air strike kills three Hamas commanders in Gaza |
- U.S. aid workers who survived Ebola leave Atlanta hospital |
- National Guard to withdraw from riot-torn Ferguson, Missouri |