Vestas says 2013 U.S. orders fall on tax uncertainty
COPENHAGEN Oct 12 (Reuters) - Danish wind turbine manufacturer Vestas on Friday said uncertainty surrounding a U.S. Production Tax Credit (PTC) had led to a fall in turbine orders for next year in the country.
The group said it had cut its workforce in the United States and Canada by 20 percent so far in 2012, most recently in Colorado this week, as it awaits a decision on whether the United States will continue its PCT scheme which benefits wind turbine makers.
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- Gaza toll soars as Israel 'days' from completing tunnel hunt
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza Strip |
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark