Saudi's Yansab says net profit halved due to low prices
RIYADH Oct 13 (Reuters) - Saudi Arabia's Yanbu National Petrochemical Co (Yansab) said on Saturday its third-quarter net profit almost halved from last year thanks to reduced product prices and a unit shutdown.
The producer, an affiliate of Saudi Basic Industries Corp (Sabic), said it earned 436 million riyals ($116) in the three months to Sep 30, compared to 828 million riyals in the prior year period.
Second-quarter net profit was 650 million riyals, the company said in its statement, posted on the website of the Saudi bourse. (Reporting By Angus McDowall)
- Islamic State issues video of beheading of U.S. hostage |
- U.S. strikes Somali militant camp in bid to kill al Shabaab leader
- Marilyn Monroe sex film to be kept private |
- Actress Jennifer Lawrence contacts authorities after nude photos hacked
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'undisguised aggression' as rebels advance |