Brazil to hold rates through year-end, economists say
SAO PAULO Oct 15 (Reuters) - Brazil will likely hold benchmark interest rates at its current level of 7.25 percent through the end of this year, a central bank survey of economists showed on Monday.
Forecasts for inflation this year were up to 5.43 percent from 5.42 percent a week before, but estimates for inflation in 2013 were down to 5.42 percent from 5.44 percent previously, according to the survey.
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Winter storm pushes up U.S. East Coast after deep-freeze in the South