EU's Ashton hopes talks with Iran can advance "soon"
LUXEMBOURG Oct 15 (Reuters) - There is still diplomacy with Iran over its nuclear programme and negotiations could move forward soon, the European Union's foreign policy chief said on Monday.
"Absolutely. There is room for negotiations," Catherine Ashton said ahead of a meeting of EU foreign ministers in Luxembourg. Ashton represents six major powers in their on-and-off talks with Iran.
"I do hope we will able to move forward soon with our discussions with Iran."
EU foreign ministers are expected to approve a substantial new sanctions push against Iran on Monday, aimed at persuading Tehran to scale back its nuclear work.
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Shots fired in air during raid at Crimea naval base |
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Pistorius vomits in court at Steenkamp autopsy details |