Nikkei dips as earning pessimism continues
TOKYO, Oct 15 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei share average eased at Monday's open as investors remained downbeat about below par profit reports as earnings season gets into gear, with disappointing U.S. results on Friday hitting sentiment. The Nikkei dropped 0.1 percent to 8,529.15, while the broader Topix also lost 0.1 percent to 717.70.
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- Amish girl in Ohio will not be forced to resume chemo for cancer
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |