UPDATE 1-Funds Industry news - Oct 15
LONDON Oct 15 (Reuters) - Financial Times
* NYSE Euronext could get regulatory approval as early as this week to launch a service for retail investors which is separate from those used by high frequency trading firms and long-term institutional investors.
* The European Securities and Markets Authority has rejected attempts by two fund management trade associations to get it to reconsider new guidelines aimed at strengthening investor protection and harmonising regulatory practices. The Independent
* British pension fund chief Ian Greenwood has flown to Los Angeles for Tuesday's News Corporation annual meeting to call for Rupert Murdoch to give up his joint role as chairman and chief executive.
- Target holiday cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Special Report: Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge