Harmony loses 20-25 kg gold daily due to SAfrica strike
JOHANNESBURG Oct 15 (Reuters) - Harmony Gold is losing between 20-25 kg of gold production a day due to a wildcat strike at its Kusasalethu mine in South Africa, a company spokeswoman said on Monday.
"All the other mines are still operating as normal so we just need to resolve Kusasalethu," spokeswoman Henrika Basterfield said.
There are 5,400 people on strike at the mine, she added. (Reporting by Sherilee Lakmidas; Editing by Agnieszka Flak)
- Study of smoking cancer patients fuels e-cigarette debate
- Islamic State closes in on Syrian town, refugees flood into Turkey |
- Exclusive: Iran seeks give and take on Islamic State militants, nuclear program
- Alibaba IPO ranks as world's biggest after additional shares sold
- Accused White House intruder is decorated Iraq war veteran