Harmony loses 20-25 kg gold daily due to SAfrica strike
JOHANNESBURG Oct 15 (Reuters) - Harmony Gold is losing between 20-25 kg of gold production a day due to a wildcat strike at its Kusasalethu mine in South Africa, a company spokeswoman said on Monday.
"All the other mines are still operating as normal so we just need to resolve Kusasalethu," spokeswoman Henrika Basterfield said.
There are 5,400 people on strike at the mine, she added. (Reporting by Sherilee Lakmidas; Editing by Agnieszka Flak)
- Divers struggle in search for South Korean ferry survivors |
- Three dead in east Ukraine, Putin warns of 'abyss' |
- California city evacuation lifted after military ordnance found
- Teen in 'Jihad Jane' case to be sentenced on U.S. terror charges
- Search for Malaysia jet refocuses on drone scans of sea floor