Rafael forms into ninth hurricane of Atlantic season: NHC
(Reuters) - Hurricane Rafael, the ninth hurricane of the 2012 Atlantic season, formed on Monday, about 560 miles south of Bermuda, the U.S. National Hurricane Center said in its latest advisory.
Reports from the air force and a hurricane hunter aircraft indicate that Rafael has strengthened, and its maximum sustained winds are now near 75 miles per hour (120 km per hour)
Rafael was moving north at 10 mph (17 kmph), the NHC said.
(Reporting by Naveen Arul in Bangalore; Editing by Gary Hill)
- A week on, Gaza war takes on deadly routine despite calls for truce |
- Ukraine says Russian army officers fighting with rebels |
- Special Report: How Italy became a submerging economy
- German database study hints diabetes drug cuts Alzheimer's risk
- Exclusive: YouTube weighs funding efforts to boost premium content - sources