Former All Black Masoe named best player in French league
PARIS (Reuters) - New Zealander Chris Masoe has been chosen as the best player in last season's French rugby top division by players and coaches, the League said on Monday.
Loose forward Masoe, 33, who played 20 times for the All Blacks between 2005 and 2007, was handed his award on Monday during the annual "Night of Rugby".
After a four-season spell at Castres, the number eight joined Toulon who are on top of the French league table after eight games.
(Writing by Gregory Blachier; Editing by John Mehaffey)
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Libya threatens to bomb North Korean tanker if it ships oil from rebel port