Spain's Q3 GDP similar to Q2: economy minister
MADRID (Reuters) - Spain's economic activity in the third quarter was similar to that seen in the second and overall looked better than the performance in the rest of Europe, said Economy Minister Luis de Guindos on Monday.
"The third quarter is very similar to the second quarter and this contrasts with Europe", de Guindos said to reporters in Madrid.
In September the Economy Minister said he expected the Spanish economy to contract by around 0.4 percent in the third quarter.
(Reporting by Blanca Rodriguez; writing by Jesus Aguado, editing by Tracy Rucinski)
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people |
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales