Spain's Q3 GDP similar to Q2: economy minister
MADRID (Reuters) - Spain's economic activity in the third quarter was similar to that seen in the second and overall looked better than the performance in the rest of Europe, said Economy Minister Luis de Guindos on Monday.
"The third quarter is very similar to the second quarter and this contrasts with Europe", de Guindos said to reporters in Madrid.
In September the Economy Minister said he expected the Spanish economy to contract by around 0.4 percent in the third quarter.
(Reporting by Blanca Rodriguez; writing by Jesus Aguado, editing by Tracy Rucinski)
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Apple's China success sets stage for iPhone 6, new products
- Zimmer to buy Biomet for $13.35 billion in latest consolidation