UPDATE 1-Coca-Cola 3rd-quarter profit rises
Oct 16 (Reuters) - Coca-Cola Co reported higher q uarterly earnings on Tuesday, despite a hit from foreign exchange rates.
The world's biggest soft-drink maker, with brands like Sprite, Fanta and Minute Maid, said net income was $2.31 billion, or 50 cents per share, in the third quarter that ended on Sept. 28, up from $2.22 billion, or 48 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose 1 percent to $12.34 billion.
- IBM launches Watson system for research, hopes for breakthroughs
- Comedian Joan Rivers 'resting comfortably' at hospital |
- Separatists say will allow 'trapped' Ukrainian forces to withdraw |
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- U.N. says 43 Golan peacekeepers seized by Syria militants, 81 trapped