UPDATE 1-Coca-Cola 3rd-quarter profit rises
Oct 16 (Reuters) - Coca-Cola Co reported higher q uarterly earnings on Tuesday, despite a hit from foreign exchange rates.
The world's biggest soft-drink maker, with brands like Sprite, Fanta and Minute Maid, said net income was $2.31 billion, or 50 cents per share, in the third quarter that ended on Sept. 28, up from $2.22 billion, or 48 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose 1 percent to $12.34 billion.
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing at sea off Vietnam, presumed crashed |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media