UPDATE 1-Coca-Cola 3rd-quarter profit rises
Oct 16 (Reuters) - Coca-Cola Co reported higher q uarterly earnings on Tuesday, despite a hit from foreign exchange rates.
The world's biggest soft-drink maker, with brands like Sprite, Fanta and Minute Maid, said net income was $2.31 billion, or 50 cents per share, in the third quarter that ended on Sept. 28, up from $2.22 billion, or 48 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose 1 percent to $12.34 billion.
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election |
- U.S. regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule