Frontline terminates OBO charter contract with Ship Finance
OSLO Oct 16 (Reuters) - Norwegian shipping firm Frontline terminated the long term charter contract of an ore-bulk-oil carrier and Ship Finance International simultaneously sold the vessel, Frontline said on Tuesday.
Frontline will make a compensation payment to Ship Finance of approximately $0.5 million, it said.
The transaction will reduce Frontline's obligations under capital leases by approximately $1.1 million and expects to record a loss of approximately $0.1 million on the deal.
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- U.S. court rulings create new uncertainty over Obamacare
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- EU readies possible capital, tech sanctions on Russia
- Train carrying MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine city |