Frontline terminates OBO charter contract with Ship Finance
OSLO Oct 16 (Reuters) - Norwegian shipping firm Frontline terminated the long term charter contract of an ore-bulk-oil carrier and Ship Finance International simultaneously sold the vessel, Frontline said on Tuesday.
Frontline will make a compensation payment to Ship Finance of approximately $0.5 million, it said.
The transaction will reduce Frontline's obligations under capital leases by approximately $1.1 million and expects to record a loss of approximately $0.1 million on the deal.
- Germany's Merkel says wants to find 'path to peace' over Ukraine crisis |
- Restraint marks Ferguson, Missouri protests for third straight night |
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky: Syria activist