Frontline terminates OBO charter contract with Ship Finance
OSLO Oct 16 (Reuters) - Norwegian shipping firm Frontline terminated the long term charter contract of an ore-bulk-oil carrier and Ship Finance International simultaneously sold the vessel, Frontline said on Tuesday.
Frontline will make a compensation payment to Ship Finance of approximately $0.5 million, it said.
The transaction will reduce Frontline's obligations under capital leases by approximately $1.1 million and expects to record a loss of approximately $0.1 million on the deal.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon
- Investigators look overseas for hackers in Target case: source
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter