Goldman revenue more than doubles on investment gains
Oct 16 (Reuters) - Goldman Sachs Group Inc reported a third-quarter profit versus a loss a year before, as revenue more than doubled due to gains in stocks and bonds it holds as investments and due to a sharp rise in investment banking revenue.
The investment bank reported earnings of $1.5 billion, or $2.85 per share, applicable to common shareholders, compared with a loss of $428 million, or 84 cents per share, a year earlier. Net revenue rose 133 percent to $8.35 billion from $3.6 billion.
Goldman also raised its quarterly dividend to 50 cents per share from 46 cents per share.
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- China's parliament: Japan has "no right to criticize" air defense zone