- IRS official refuses to answer questions at scandal hearing |
- Global stocks, oil fall after Bernanke; dollar gains |
- Oklahoma tornado victims astounded at how they survived |
- CORRECTED-White House threatens veto of bill to bypass Obama on Keystone
- Man linked to Boston bombing suspect killed by FBI in Florida
India cbank to intervene in FX market if there is "extreme" volatility
MUMBAI Oct 16 (Reuters) - India's central bank will intervene in the foreign exchange market if there is "extreme" volatility in the exchange rate, Deputy Governor H. R. Khan said.
Khan was responding to an audience question at a banking conference on Tuesday.
The Indian rupee was trading stronger at 52.83 to the dollar, snapping a two-day fall. (Reporting by Neha Dasgupta; Editing by G.Ram Mohan)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this