European shares rise further on new Spain aid talk
LONDON Oct 16 (Reuters) - European shares extended their earlier gains on Tuesday, with traders citing a media report that Germany may be prepared to soften its stance over helping Spain ahead of any official bailout.
The FTSEurofirst 300 index was up by 0.9 percent at 1,107.69 points by 1155 GMT, while Spain's benchmark IBEX equity index was up by 1.9 percent.
- Cortege departs to take Mandela's body to lie in state |
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $344 million, fourth biggest in its history
- UPDATE 1-U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $344 million, fourth biggest in its history
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Ukrainian riot police clash with protesters in Kiev square