European shares rise further on new Spain aid talk
LONDON Oct 16 (Reuters) - European shares extended their earlier gains on Tuesday, with traders citing a media report that Germany may be prepared to soften its stance over helping Spain ahead of any official bailout.
The FTSEurofirst 300 index was up by 0.9 percent at 1,107.69 points by 1155 GMT, while Spain's benchmark IBEX equity index was up by 1.9 percent.
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data