European shares rise further on new Spain aid talk
LONDON Oct 16 (Reuters) - European shares extended their earlier gains on Tuesday, with traders citing a media report that Germany may be prepared to soften its stance over helping Spain ahead of any official bailout.
The FTSEurofirst 300 index was up by 0.9 percent at 1,107.69 points by 1155 GMT, while Spain's benchmark IBEX equity index was up by 1.9 percent.
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- U.S. court rulings create new uncertainty over Obamacare
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- EU readies possible capital, tech sanctions on Russia
- Train carrying MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine city |