India's Maruti has over 10,000 pre-orders for new entry-level car -MD
NEW DELHI Oct 16 (Reuters) - Maruti Suzuki India Ltd has had over 10,000 bookings for its new entry-level vehicle, the Indian carmaker's managing director Shinzo Nakanishi said on Tuesday at the launch of a revamped model of the world's most popular small car.
Maruti, controlled by Japan's Suzuki Motor, is launching the Alto 800 as the successor to its best-selling Alto model, as its once-unshakeable grip on India's small car market weakens in the face of increasing competition and shifting customer tastes. (Reporting by Anurag Kotoky; Editing by Daniel Magnowski)
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote