- Journalist who brought down U.S. general is killed in Los Angeles car crash
- Angelina Jolie stunt double sues News Corp over hacking
- Kanye West wins over critics with 'daring' new album 'Yeezus'
- UPDATE 2-United Dreamliner diverted due to possible oil filter problem
- U.S. doctor group votes to recognize obesity as a disease
Next Media stock suspended amid report it will sell Taiwan media ops
HONG KONG |
HONG KONG Oct 16 (Reuters) - Shares of Next Media Ltd , controlled by Hong Kong media mogul Jimmy Lai, were suspended on Tuesday amid reports it will sell all its Taiwan newspaper, magazine and online video assets to a Taiwanese consortium for around $600 million.
Next Media's shares last closed on Monday at HK$1.12.
The buyer group includes banking group Chinatrust's former vice-chairman, Jeffrey Koo Jr, and petrochemicals firm Formosa Group's president, Wang Wen-Yun, Taiwan's China Times and United Daily News reported, citing sources close to the buyers. (Reporting By Twinnie Siu; Editing by Anne Marie Roantree)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this