Pearson buys US online education company for $650 mln
Oct 16 (Reuters) - Pearson Plc said it bought U.S. online educational services company EmbanetCompass Group Inc for $650 million.
The British education and publishing group said it bought EmbanetCompass, which partners with more than 35 not-for-profit colleges and universities on online courses, from an investor group led by Technology Crossover Ventures and Knowledge Universe.
Reuters had reported in August that EmbanetCompass had kicked off a sale process.
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- Probation for drunk Texas teen driver who killed four sparks backlash
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits error over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |