PNC Financial 3rd-qtr profit rises on Visa share sale
Oct 16 (Reuters) - PNC Financial Services Group Inc's third-quarter profit rose 11 percent, boosted by the sale of a portion of its stake in debit and credit-card network Visa Inc.
The bank's net income rose to $925 million, or $1.64 per share, in the third quarter, from $834 million, or $1.55 per share, a year earlier.
The Pittsburgh-based bank sold 5 million Visa Class B common shares in the quarter, resulting in a pre-tax gain of $137 million.
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- War veteran detained by North Korea arrives in U.S. |
- Ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge