Roche declines comment on Illumina interest
ZURICH Oct 16 (Reuters) - Swiss drugmaker Roche Holding AG d eclined to comment on Tuesday on market talk it m ight reconsider its bid for U.S. gene-sequencing company Illumina.
Chief Executive Severin Schwan told a conference call for journalists he would not comment on market rumours.
Roche dropped a $6.8 billion hostile takeover bid for the company i n April a fter shareholders blocked its move to gain seats on the company's board.
Earlier on Tuesday, Roche reported third-quarter sales rose 15 percent to 11.271 billion Swiss francs ($12.07 billion), beating the average analyst forecast of 11.124 billion francs in a Reuters poll.
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- South Korea to make announcement on air zone; expansion is anticipated |
- Pro-Europe protesters gather for rally in Kiev
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Obama defends interim Iran deal, seeks to assure Israel