Atlatsa sacks over 1,000 strikers in South Africa
JOHANNESBURG Oct 16 (Reuters) - Atlatsa Resources on Tuesday said it had dismissed over 1,000 employees at its Bokoni platinum mine in South Africa after they failed to report for work following a wildcat strike.
"Only 643 of the 2,161 employees returned to work yesterday," it said in a statement.
It had sacked the 2,161 workers earlier this month but later gave them a chance to return to their jobs by Monday.
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- New York City gas explosion subject of federal probe |
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- UPDATE 1-U.S. investigators suspect missing Malaysian plane flew for hours -WSJ