S.African police clear out Kumba strikers, arrest 40
JOHANNESBURG Oct 16 (Reuters) - South African police said on Tuesday they had cleared striking miners from Kumba Iron Ore's giant Sishen mine and returned equipment seized by the strikers to the company, a unit of global mining giant Anglo American.
A local police spokesman told Reuters that 40 of the wildcat strikers had been arrested in the pre-dawn operation. (Reporting by Sherilee Lakmidas; Editing by Ed Cropley)
- First Ebola case diagnosed in the United States: CDC |
- Advanced iOS virus targeting Hong Kong protestors -security firm
- Hong Kong democracy protesters and officials mark uneasy National Day |
- U.S. orders airlines to replace cockpit displays on 1,300 Boeing airplanes
- Mayor of Los Angeles suburb of Bell Gardens shot dead