Target to match some retailers' prices this holiday season
NEW YORK Oct 16 (Reuters) - Target Corp will match certain online retailers' prices this holiday season as the discount chain tries to stand out during what could be a fierce holiday season, Chief Executive Gregg Steinhafel said on Tuesday.
Target will let shoppers match prices from online retailers including Amazon.com, Walmart.com, BestBuy.com , Toysrus.com and Babiesrus.com between Nov. 1 and Dec. 16, the company told reporters at a meeting in New York.
Target's strategy for the season includes being "highly promotional" and "intensely competitive" on price, while also working on promoting exclusive merchandise, Steinhafel said.
Target will also give its REDcard credit and debit card holders an extra 30 days to return nearly all purchases made with the cards.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing Malaysia plane: sources |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack
- West prepares sanctions as Russia presses on with Crimea takeover |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data