- Taxes on some wealthy French top 100 pct of income: paper
- North Korea fires short-range missiles for two days in a row |
- Israel warns against Russian arms supply to Syria
- Winning ticket for $590.5 million Powerball lottery sold in Florida |
- Toyota plans to increase lithium-ion car battery output-Nikkei
Magnitude 4.5 quake strikes Maine, felt in Boston
BOSTON (Reuters) - A magnitude 4.5 earthquake struck the northeastern U.S. state of Maine on Tuesday at 7:12 p.m. ET, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.
The quake's epicenter was located 3.7 miles from Lake Arrowhead, which is about 30 miles west of Portland, Maine's most populous city, and about 100 miles north of Boston.
Eyewitnesses across the Boston area reported feeling the quake for up to 20 to 30 seconds. The tremblor was felt in much of southern New England.
There were no immediate reports of damage.
(Reporting By Ros Krasny)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this