- Special Report: Syria's Islamists seize control as moderates dither
- Arizona killer who asked for speedy execution found dead in cell
- Actor James Gandolfini, star of 'The Sopranos,' dies in Italy
- UPDATE 2-Storm Barry heads for Mexico Gulf coast oil installations
- New generation of elite universities rises around the globe
Magnitude 4.5 quake strikes Maine, felt in Boston
BOSTON (Reuters) - A magnitude 4.5 earthquake struck the northeastern U.S. state of Maine on Tuesday at 7:12 p.m. ET, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.
The quake's epicenter was located 3.7 miles from Lake Arrowhead, which is about 30 miles west of Portland, Maine's most populous city, and about 100 miles north of Boston.
Eyewitnesses across the Boston area reported feeling the quake for up to 20 to 30 seconds. The tremblor was felt in much of southern New England.
There were no immediate reports of damage.
(Reporting By Ros Krasny)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this