Roche declines comment on Illumina interest
ZURICH (Reuters) - Swiss drugmaker Roche Holding AG declined to comment on Tuesday on market talk it might reconsider its bid for U.S. gene-sequencing company Illumina.
Chief Executive Severin Schwan told a conference call for journalists he would not comment on market rumors.
Roche dropped a $6.8 billion hostile takeover bid for the company in April after shareholders blocked its move to gain seats on the company's board.
Earlier on Tuesday, Roche reported third-quarter sales rose 15 percent to 11.271 billion Swiss francs ($12.07 billion), beating the average analyst forecast of 11.124 billion francs in a Reuters poll.
($1 = 0.9341 Swiss francs)
(Reporting by Caroline Copley)
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Search widened as Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack |
- Exclusive: Chinese raw materials also found on U.S. B-1 bomber, F-16 jets
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- Governor Christie's trustworthiness takes a hit in New Jersey poll