Billionaire Bollore ups stake in Vivendi to 5 pct
PARIS Oct 16 (Reuters) - French billionaire Vincent Bollore's holding group said it had upped its stake in media conglomerate Vivendi to 5 percent, from 4.41 percent at end-September, saying it wished to maintain this level over the long term.
Vivendi is in the midst of reviewing its strategy and portfolio of businesses in a bid to boost its stock price.
Bollore said in a press release it held 66 million shares, or 5.01 percent of Vivendi, at Oct. 10. It had said on Sept. 27 that it owned 4.41 percent following the disposal of the Direct 8 and Direct Star television chains to Vivendi. (Reporting by Lionel Laurent)
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- U.S. freeze shows no sign of weekend melt after deadly storm
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai