Albemarle profit drops 15 percent on weak catalyst sales
Oct 17 (Reuters) - Chemicals maker Albemarle Corp posted a 15 percent drop in quarterly profit on Wednesday due to weak sales of catalysts used by petroleum refiners.
For the third quarter ended Sept. 30, the company posted net income of $99.3 million, or $1.10 per share, compared with $116.1 million, or $1.28 per share, in the year-ago period.
Revenue fell 9 percent to $661.2 million.
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- U.S. court rulings create new uncertainty over Obamacare
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- EU readies possible capital, tech sanctions on Russia
- Islamic State crushes and coerces on march towards Baghdad