Albemarle profit drops 15 percent on weak catalyst sales
Oct 17 (Reuters) - Chemicals maker Albemarle Corp posted a 15 percent drop in quarterly profit on Wednesday due to weak sales of catalysts used by petroleum refiners.
For the third quarter ended Sept. 30, the company posted net income of $99.3 million, or $1.10 per share, compared with $116.1 million, or $1.28 per share, in the year-ago period.
Revenue fell 9 percent to $661.2 million.
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions
- Front companies, embassies mask North Korean weapons trade - U.N