Statement by the President of the CBSA Regarding Officer Shooting at Douglas Port of Entry
* Reuters is not responsible for the content in this press release.
OTTAWA, ONTARIO, Oct 16 (MARKET WIRE) -- Today, Luc Portelance, President of the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA), made the following statement following the shooting at the Douglas port of entry: "At approximately 2 p.m. PDT today, one of our officers was shot and injured in the line of duty at the Douglas, B.C. port of entry. The officer has been airlifted to hospital. The Royal Canadian Mounted Police is investigating the matter. I have just spoken with the Regional Director General in Vancouver to express my support and to let her know my thoughts are with the officer and her family during this difficult time. In fact, I know everyone at the CBSA will be thinking of her, as well as her colleagues at Douglas and in the Pacific Region, today and in the days to come. This is a profound reminder of the risks that border services officers assume every day. I know that the courage and dedication of our officers are second to none." Contacts: Canada Border Services Agency Media Relations 613-957-6500 Copyright 2012, Market Wire, All rights reserved. -0-
- Still no sign of Malaysian jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- The search for missing Malaysian jet
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source