- IRS official refuses to answer questions at scandal hearing |
- Global stocks, oil fall after Bernanke; dollar gains |
- Oklahoma tornado victims astounded at how they survived |
- CORRECTED-White House threatens veto of bill to bypass Obama on Keystone
- FBI says man shot dead while being questioned about Boston bombings
Mediaset delays results approval by one week to Nov 13
MILAN Oct 17 (Reuters) - Italy's No.1 commercial broadcaster Mediaset has delayed the board meeting to approve its nine-month results by one week to Nov. 13, the company said in a statement on Wednesday.
The statement, which did not give a reason for the delay, comes after a strong rise in Mediaset's share price over the last few days on the back of speculation about foreign interest.
A spokesperson for Mediaset, which is controlled by former prime minister Silvio Berlusconi, could not be immediately reached for comment.
Shares in Mediaset rose more than 6 percent on Tuesday to their highest since Sept 24, boosted by ongoing talk of foreign investors' interest in doing business with the company. (Reporting By Danilo Masoni)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this