RPT-Millicom Q3 earnings just below forecast, sets extra payout
(Repeats to different story number, no changes to text)
STOCKHOLM Oct 17 (Reuters) - Emerging markets telecoms group Millicom reported third-quarter core profit just below forecast on Wednesday, stuck to its outlook for the full year and announced an extraordinary dividend.
Earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) were $507 million versus a mean forecast of $523 million in a Reuters poll of analysts and $529 million in the year-ago quarter.
The Latin America and Africa-focused operator repeated it saw its 2012 EBITDA margin around 43 percent.
It also said in a statement that it would propose an extraordinary dividend of $3 per share to an extraordinary general meeting of shareholders to be held in the fourth quarter. (Reporting by Simon Johnson, editing by Patrick Lannin)
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- 'Good night': Haunting final contact from missing Malaysian jet |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |