RPT-Millicom Q3 earnings just below forecast, sets extra payout
(Repeats to different story number, no changes to text)
STOCKHOLM Oct 17 (Reuters) - Emerging markets telecoms group Millicom reported third-quarter core profit just below forecast on Wednesday, stuck to its outlook for the full year and announced an extraordinary dividend.
Earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) were $507 million versus a mean forecast of $523 million in a Reuters poll of analysts and $529 million in the year-ago quarter.
The Latin America and Africa-focused operator repeated it saw its 2012 EBITDA margin around 43 percent.
It also said in a statement that it would propose an extraordinary dividend of $3 per share to an extraordinary general meeting of shareholders to be held in the fourth quarter. (Reporting by Simon Johnson, editing by Patrick Lannin)
- Qatar will not host World Cup: FIFA official
- Exclusive: Iran seeks give and take on Islamic State militants, nuclear program
- New Jersey man attacked and killed by black bear, police say
- Alibaba IPO ranks as world's biggest after additional shares sold
- Islamic State tells followers to attack U.S., French citizens: website