Northern Trust Q3 profit up slightly, misses expectations
Oct 17 (Reuters) - Northern Trust Corp said on Wednesday that third-quarter net income rose slightly, missing analysts' estimates, as foreign exchange revenue plummeted.
The U.S. custody bank and wealth manager reported net income of $178.8 million, or 73 cents a share, compared with $170 million, or 70 cents a share, in the year-ago period.
Analysts, on average, had been expecting the bank to earn 74 a share, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- Ukraine president accuses Russian soldiers of backing rebel thrust |
- Video shows Islamic State executes scores of Syrian soldiers |
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- Comedian Joan Rivers, 81, rushed to New York hospital
- Comedian Joan Rivers 'resting comfortably' at hospital |