Green Mountain names exec to develop business abroad
(Reuters) - Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR.O) on Wednesday named a head of international business development, sending the company's shares up more than 6 percent.
Green Mountain, owner of the Keurig coffee brewing system, said Gerard Geoffrion, 60, will lead the exploration of business opportunities outside North America.
"While we have no specific plans to discuss today, we've noted previously that we are exploring opportunities for our products in geographies outside of North America," said Green Mountain spokeswoman Suzanne DuLong.
Green Mountain shares rose $1.36 to $23.62 on the Nasdaq.
(Reporting By Martinne Geller in New York; Editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- Rebellious Nevada rancher's slavery remarks dim Republican support
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- Search for missing Malaysian jet may take years: U.S. official
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Exclusive: Obama may call EU leaders in Russia sanctions push - sources