- Sopranos star James Gandolfini dies in Italy
- Special Report: Syria's Islamists seize control as moderates dither
- End to Fed stimulus, China slowdown rattles swathe of world investments
- Arizona killer who asked for speedy execution found dead in cell
- UPDATE 2-Storm Barry heads for Mexico Gulf coast oil installations
Green Mountain names exec to develop business abroad
(Reuters) - Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc (GMCR.O) on Wednesday named a head of international business development, sending the company's shares up more than 6 percent.
Green Mountain, owner of the Keurig coffee brewing system, said Gerard Geoffrion, 60, will lead the exploration of business opportunities outside North America.
"While we have no specific plans to discuss today, we've noted previously that we are exploring opportunities for our products in geographies outside of North America," said Green Mountain spokeswoman Suzanne DuLong.
Green Mountain shares rose $1.36 to $23.62 on the Nasdaq.
(Reporting By Martinne Geller in New York; Editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this