India's HCL Tech shares gain on robust earnings
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Shares in Indian software services provider HCL Technologies (HCLT.NS) rose 2.5 percent in pre-open trade on Wednesday after the company posted a better-than-expected 78 percent rise in consolidated net profit for the July-September quarter.
HCLT said consolidated net profit rose to 8.85 billion rupees ($167.9 million) from 4.97 billion rupees for the year-earlier period.
(Reporting by Manoj Dharra, Abhishek Vishnoi; Editing by Rafael Nam)
- Mexican train derails, stranding 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S.
- Israeli strikes kill more Palestinians; rocket causes huge blaze in Israel |
- Man suspected of shooting six dead in Texas to appear in court
- Four servicemen, five miners killed in eastern Ukraine |
- Obama tells Israel U.S. ready to help end hostilities