CORRECTED-Wartsila Q3 op. profit beats forecasts, raises guidance
(In second paragraph, corrects figure to 21 percent, from 9 percent.)
HELSINKI Oct 17 (Reuters) - Finnish ship and power plant engine maker Wartsila reported a bigger-than expected rise in quarterly operating profit and raised its full-year outlook due to strong ship power sales.
July-September operating profit, excluding one-off items, rose 21 percent to 113 million euros ($147.16 million), beating all analysts' forecasts which averaged 104 million euros in a Reuters poll.
Wartsila said on Wednesday it now expects full-year 2012 sales to grow 10-15 percent and operating profit margin to be 10.5-11 percent. It previously forecast a 5-10 percent rise in sales and a margin of 10-11 percent. ($1 = 0.7679 euros) (Reporting by Helsinki Newsroom) (email@example.com; +358 9 6805 0244)
- Missing jet may have strayed toward Andaman Sea: Malaysian air force |
- NYC buildings explosion kills two, more missing
- EU moves towards travel bans, asset freezes for Russians |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Exclusive: EU approves framework for asset freezes, travel bans on Russia