RPT-AkzoNobel reports Q3 net loss of 2.4 bln euro on weak Europe
AMSTERDAM Oct 18 (Reuters) - AkzoNobel NV, the world's largest paints maker, on Thursday reported a 2.4 billion euro net loss in the third quarter after taking a 2.5 billion euro impairment charge on its decorative paints business, citing the weak economy in Europe.
It reported third-quarter earnings before interest, tax and depreciation (EBITDA) of 540 million euros on revenue of 4.28 billion euros, in line with analysts' forecasts.
- Malaysia jet sent 'pings' after going missing, sources say |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- New York City gas explosion subject of federal probe |
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |