RPT-AkzoNobel reports Q3 net loss of 2.4 bln euro on weak Europe
AMSTERDAM Oct 18 (Reuters) - AkzoNobel NV, the world's largest paints maker, on Thursday reported a 2.4 billion euro net loss in the third quarter after taking a 2.5 billion euro impairment charge on its decorative paints business, citing the weak economy in Europe.
It reported third-quarter earnings before interest, tax and depreciation (EBITDA) of 540 million euros on revenue of 4.28 billion euros, in line with analysts' forecasts.
- Tesla says in talks with BMW over car batteries, parts
- Exclusive: China ready to cut rates again on fears of deflation - sources
- Actor Dwight Henry eyed in New Orleans killing after arrest for theft
- China building South China Sea island big enough for airstrip: report
- Suicide bomber kills 45 at volleyball match in Afghanistan
We are living longer but not creating financial plans to keep pace. Advisers give tips on how to make sure you don’t outlive your money. Video