AkzoNobel reports Q3 net loss of 2.4 bln euro on weak Europe
AMSTERDAM Oct 18 (Reuters) - AkzoNobel NV, the world's largest paints maker, on Thursday reported a 2.4 billion euro net loss in the third quarter after taking a 2.5 billion euro impairment charge on its decorative paints business, citing the weak economy in Europe.
It reported third-quarter earnings before interest, tax and depreciation (EBITDA) of 540 million euros on revenue of 4.28 billion euros, in line with analysts' forecasts.
- Israel holds off on escalating Gaza barrage; West wants truce |
- Russia warns Ukraine after shell crosses border |
- Three dead, two wounded in Pasadena, California shootings
- As some high-risk assets take a hit, investors fear worse is to come
- 'Excessive' rubbing of engine blades caused F-35 failure: Pentagon